4 Jul 2015

UBC Day 4: Winning Le Heart



8 ways to win my heart
(wow, so dramatic)

  • Understand my frequent F.R.I.E.N.D.S references. Don’t look at my strangely when I “Oh My God” in a nasal tone.
  • Gift me books for every occasion. Even better if you get the genre right.
  • Hold up an interesting conversation. I’m only sometimes a talker. And even when I do, I feel like I’m boring the other person with my arguments on why humanity dying out is a good idea and why organized religion is a sham. So I’d much appreciate it if you can pick up the threads where I let them go and vice versa. I share such a relationship with very few people in this world. 
  • Be able to laugh at yourself. If you make fun of my batman wings or my Angry Birds top, I will laugh with you. So if I make fun of your gelled cockatoo hair and you take offense, I’ll be disappointed with you. 
  • Have your priorities straight in life. Know who and what are most important. Don’t tell me you care about me more than “everything else in the world”, it will not fly with me. Not even a little bit. 
  • Don’t throw your money around. Nothing turns me off faster than expensive gifts that I can live without given with just the intention of impressing me. Utilitarian is the way to go.
  • Write me a note/poem. Write me a letter. Send me a postcard. 
  • Find out where I blog and blogstalk me. I LOVE people who I know do that.


20 comments:

  1. Most of the ones on your list hold good for me as well :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG! Beautiful beautiful beautiful and very honest. The part I like the most.

    ReplyDelete
  3. FRIENDS, check :P I'd understand most references. The Janiceness for sure. (y)
    BOOKS, yep. I don't shop for much other gifts.
    CONVERSATION, will have to see. It might happen.
    LAUGH, yeah. could happen :P mostly. have to see. ;)
    PRIORITIES, sure. I'm definitely not going to say that to you. :P (t)
    MONEY, have very little of that to flash around. So no issues there. :P Besides, I meant Point 2 ;)
    WRITING, sure. I'll ping you for the address for postcard.
    BLOGSTALK, don't I already do that? :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Paavam Monkey :P Ente weight thangathe Mahabaliye poley bhooomiyilottu thaanu pokum :D

      And yes, chocolates are very difficult to gift. :P It might get eaten on the way, you see ;)

      Delete
  4. Oh, I sure am blogstalking you :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks like a mirror to me.. Minus that F.R.I.E.N.D.S reference. For me it should be GOT reference.You either win or you die.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Some of these points - gifting books, utilitarian gifts,blog stalking and MOST IMPORTANT OF ALL - F.R.I.E.N.D.S references, are right up my alley :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gosh! I think similarly too! :D
    Nothing beats good books for gifts! :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Replies
    1. Sorry I deleted the other comment on the other post (I have stalkers and not in a good way), I wish it were more exciting than that, but it IS that :D

      Delete
  9. Is that all ??? Thats quite impressive that small things wins ur heart which actually mean larger to you...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They aren't really small Abhishek :) Do you know many people who can laugh at themselves? Or don't show off? Or on the same wavelength as you? If you do, then you're a lucky guy because these things are related to qualities that aren't that common :)

      Delete

Go on, you can say it.