2 Nov 2014

The Month That Was.... October '14

There was a reason that I started The Month That Was… series back in July 2011. To keep a track of what happens when so that, when I look back at the year that was, all I see is not just a blur but a clear account of, what my boss insists on calling, hits and misses. I’m thankful to those posts. And I’m restarting them, after a failed attempt earlier this year.

PC
October taught me the art of being patient. AND how. There is something I have been waiting to come through since the month of September (which still hasn’t, btw) and it has taken everything that I have to not have a major meltdown about it. Everything else in life has been put on hold for this one thing but it is like God is waving it my face and saying, “Bitch, please. I have all the control”.
Anyway, I shall probably know something by the end of this month, so you guys will know shortly.

October taught me to endure pain by throwing the very-not-looked-forward-to-aerobics classes in my face. Every cell in my body wanted me to stay in bed and skip out on the next class but I pushed forward. Mostly.

October also saw me reading so much lesser. I invested in the damn Kindle in hopes that I won’t go broke shopping in Blossoms. But what has actually happened is that, the device has been loaded with all the books I want and then stashed away safely in the cupboard. All I have now to show for it is a bigger credit card bill. So much for that. NOTHING can replace paperbacks and hardbounds. Sigh.

October also saw my blog transition. I started researching on revamps for Mr. Phatichar and ended up with a new blog for myself. Two months of head-breaking changes later, I’m so excited to be writing here that it makes me think it is all worth it.

October also left with 200 bucks in my salary account in the end. Which is a first. The balance is usually in double digits.

October saw me fist pumping to be the last one in my school friends gang to be married. I also got news that the girl I had sleepovers with, who got married a few months ago, is having a baby in exactly 8 more months. While I am happy for her, I’m still working out how I feel about it. Not that it is any of my business anyway.

October has been the laziest work month yet. I have OCDs about exceeding targets, this month has been about doing just about what is absolutely necessary. Lack of motivation, lack of direction basically. And I don’t like this attitude which has set in. Working on it.

October saw Mum dropping and cracking the screen of her iPad. I haven’t even finished paying for it, dammit!! Damn you, stupid, careless jostler at Bannerghatta National Park!! October saw me missing family around Diwali for more reasons that just the damn Ghar wali Diwali ad. Diwali day itself was spent moping around and if it hadn’t been for friends who pried me out of bed and shoved a sparkler in my hand, this Diwali would have been worse than my 2012 one, which would be saying quite something.

October has also been about procrastinating. Right from the bathroom slippers that need mending/replacing to a much-needed visit to a doctor, everything has been pushed into November. I have promised to kick myself if I don’t finish everything that’s been pending by the end of the first week. Anyone willing/wanting to assist can drop by my office in Koramangala. No, there is nothing in it for you except the satisfaction of kicking my butt, good and proper.

I also am reeling under the shock of turning the calendar to the last but one page. Figuratively, of course, actual calendars are so passé *slips cool shades on*. WHERE THE FUCK DID THE YEAR GO?? Forgive my violent outburst, but I’ll be entering the 25th year of my existence in less than six months and it feels like I have done nothing at all.

Now that I’m done freaking out, I wish y’all a very happy Movember. Men, pliss to oblige. Women too, if you can bear being hairy for a month. It IS for a good cause.

PC
So Mr. November, how you doin’? ;)

16 comments:

  1. Happy Movember. :P

    *Takes a paper and a paper.*
    Address please. Believe me, I am very punctual. :P

    Procrastination is a bi*ch. I know. And here ends this year in another month. Wait, the resolutions! Didn't make them actually. The previous year, I thought of making them next year. :P #ProcrastinationAtPeaks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heehee.. I knew you'd be ready :P

      HAHAHA, really? You're worse than me :D

      Delete
    2. Hehe.
      *Still waiting for the address*

      Yeah, really.
      haha, I know. :P

      Delete
  2. It definitely *IS* worth it. The revamp, that is... I think I'm gonna up the ante on the revamp of my blog now. :P :D

    Get your scribbling pad ready, miss. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahhh, about time :P

      *whips out pen, waits for instructions*

      Delete
  3. My, such a full post. October sure has been variety for you. And I almost bought a Kindle at the shop but chickened out at the last minute as I felt like I was cheating on my books. Yes, nothing can replace paperbacks and hardbounds.

    Waiting for your good news, may you get it soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I forgot I was writing a post and went on scribbling :P
      Ah, good for you :/ I wish I'd had that sense..

      Thank you so much :)

      Delete
  4. Wow! Seems like you have had an amazing October!
    Contrary to yours, I had zero balance in my salary account...
    I read maximum number of books - As much as 10 book :D

    And, so similar is... A bestie also announced that she is expecting...
    I also wonder how did 10 months pass so soon!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was okay... I don't like waiting and that bit marred a lot of the good things..
      Lol, I feel you, man :P
      WOW :O *kowtows*
      Exactly :/ WHERE??

      Delete
  5. That sounded like one helluva October. Have fun this month. We might have to mow some people once Movember is over :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ouch :P That doesn't sound like fun at all :P
      You have a good one too!!

      Delete
  6. October had a lot in store for you :) May you have a happy November :-D I too have been planning to do monthly rewind posts for a long time now. I love the idea but I have been procrastinating. Hope I too will start soon :-P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do start, it's fun :) You have a happy November too!
      Thanks for dropping by..

      Delete
  7. Last month the end balance was 18 rupees in my account. I am currently rich...for a week.
    And seriously where the hell did the year go?

    ReplyDelete

Go on, you can say it.