24 Apr 2009

Left, Right, Left

On 2nd April 2008, I became a major. Legal, in every sense of the word. My uncle wrote me a long mail saying "great responsibilities come with great power" (yeah. u heard it in Spiderman1). But the thing that I was most looking forward to is that I could vote. I really didn't understand how people couldn't be bothered to vote when that is the one GREAT thing that, you, as a citizen of India, could do for your motherland (I know it's kinda dramatic, but I am fiercely patriotic, much to my own surprise- Saare Jahaan Se Achha, Hindustan Hamara).

But now, a year and a half later, I know better. Who do I vote for? The power-hungry, communalism-sparking, doing-gud-only-for-themselves, false-promise-making, revenge-for-silly-things-taking morons?? Why is it that there are VERY few people in this country, who actually care about making a difference? All they care about is getting INTO power, enjoying the years in which they are IN power and then then think about how they are going to STAY in power for the next ruling period. We might as well give up our rights and surrender to aristocracy.

But you know what the worst part is? That it is the one billion of us, Indians, who are voting those morons into power. That is why we have anpad-gawaars ruling us (i.e. biulding multi-crore bungalows with the tax payers' money) while we sit and complain 'Is desh ka kuch nahi ho sakta'. So, I am VERY glad to see that the people have realised that they CAN make a difference, a huge difference, and turned up in troves for the voting. All the channels and parties have a 'youth' target to achieve and I don't think Gen-Y is just going to roll over and die if they don't get results- and fast.

The point is, I have the right to vote and this time,
what I have to say
counts. All you olden goldies who think you have everybody right where you want them, I got news for you- Yeh Hai Youngistan Meri Jaan and WE think with our heads and don't fall for free rice and what-not. You'd better buck up and actually do something for a change or get dumped out unceremoniously.

Ha, I wrote a serious post.



7 comments:

  1. Sorry if I seem to disturb the seriousness of the post, which in actual sense makes a lot of sense and would make a lot more sense seeing i'm 19 and am still too lazy to get a Voter's ID. Funnily enough, I agree with you, and oh yeah, the point I was trying to make, 'With great power comes great responsibility' would be the exact quote, sorry i'm being such a killjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha, That's ok....as long as atleast one person thinks that I am not a raving maniac who raves on about how silly the politicians are.

    ReplyDelete
  3. 'Yeh hai Youngistan meri jaan'...funny to imagine someone like Karunanidhi,whom i always think of a person who's counting his last days, make a statement like that...they're using all the right words like 'change' 'hope' etc to attract d youth but we know better than to fall for these good-for-nothing hypocrites...

    gud post re...look at you all grown up,writing serious stuff;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. @ Gaya, I have, haven't I...like the chick breaking the egg shell, like a butterfly bursting out of the cocoon....LOLZ

    ReplyDelete
  5. u know wat tis tym politicians mostly concentrate on the ppl whose age r btw 25 to 40..they say there r 60% of the total ppl strength r belongin to tis age ...but its upto us to decide the future ...we can really change the world..nice one yar..keep postin hot topic lik tis..[:)]..do politicians ve the habit f bloggin..lolz

    ReplyDelete
  6. @ Gaya, I have, haven't I...like the chick breaking the egg shell, like a butterfly bursting out of the cocoon....LOLZ

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sorry if I seem to disturb the seriousness of the post, which in actual sense makes a lot of sense and would make a lot more sense seeing i'm 19 and am still too lazy to get a Voter's ID. Funnily enough, I agree with you, and oh yeah, the point I was trying to make, 'With great power comes great responsibility' would be the exact quote, sorry i'm being such a killjoy.

    ReplyDelete

Go on, you can say it.